Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Easter at Fuchsia



I hope everyone had a fantastic Easter. We spent ours eating a delicious homemade feast of Shabu Shabu at Fuchsia. Shabu Shabu is a Japanese dish which is also really big in Korea. You order a mix of broths, with lots of veggies, noodles and thinly sliced meats. Everything goes into the broth and cooks for a few minutes even the meat which is wafer thin.

Boram spent most of her day in the kitchen preparing a feast for about 15 people. She made three different broths, my favourite, being the spicy, as always. I was very familiar with this dish during my two year stint in Seoul, Korea, where I became addicted to spicy food. It was a weekly treat.

One of my favourite things about Fuchsia, aside from the food, are the beautiful animals that roam the place. I am in love with Charlie, he is just a cuddle puddle.

Thanks so much to Binky for including us in this get together and to Boram for the incredible flavours and joy you brought to my taste buds.

 

Rex

Charlie

Charlie

Rex







Chester

©Alison Slattery. All Rights Reserved.